Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. Stephen King
This morning I listened to a video by Sonia Choquette and her words left a beautiful inspirational thought in my mind.
“I love my body because it serves my spirit.”
Isn’t that beautiful?
I love my body because it serves my spirit.
I will repeat – I love my body because it serves my spirit.
My spirit has chosen my unique body to serve it’s purpose on this planet, in this lifetime.
It is all the reason for me to care for this beautiful body and to hold it in the highest regard. Whatever package I am blessed with – big, tall, skinny… is the unique gift which I have been given. This is the body which I take to work and everywhere that I go.
How can I show my spirit that I am appreciative of this unique body?
- I need to take care of my body and do little things to show how much I love this beautiful body of mine.
- I need to rest sufficiently.
- I need to relax and enjoy being in my body.
- I need to be aware of what is causing stress in my body.
- I need to drink water and eat nourishing foods which will give me the energy I need to function well.
- I need to surround my body with beautiful people and places so that my spirit feels welcomed and supported.
- I need to speak my truth to my body so that my spirit can feel at peace within me.
- I need to remind my body how awesome it is!
When I love and respect my body, my spirit feels welcomed. My spirit can then help me to achieve the work which I am destined to do in this world.
When I resent my body and wish I had a different body, my spirit feels trapped and I cannot live my purpose completely.
How can you welcome your spirit today?
How can you take care of the beautiful body which houses your spirit?
Welcome to 2014!
I would like to wish you a happy and successful year! May all your dreams and wishes come true and may you continue to TuneIn to this amazing person you are and StepUp to having the courage to fulfill your own dreams. It is all within YOU to develop the courage muscles to do the thing which you are called to do in this lifetime. Life opens forth the doors for you as soon as you DECIDE.
In January 2013, I started this blog as a personal soul journey to get me out of the rut of procrastination and to do something about my passion for writing. It is quite funny how one of my ambitions in life is to be a writer but I hardly devoted any time at all to writing! (A good example of the wishy-washy goals we set and don’t follow-up!) It is like saying you want to lose 10 pounds at the beginning of the year but you don’t do anything about it and get disappointed when you don’t get the result you desire.
My goal in 2013 was simple – to write one blog a week and get into a writing habit. I am the worst editor for my writing but I consciously did not allow that to intimidate me, knowing that I was really working on a way to express myself, first. For every blog I re-read, I can easily find typos and small grammatical errors.
I really thought the blog was just going to be about me and my silly thoughts about life. However, as I wrote more purposefully, I also started to automatically connect with things, ideas, people, events which were all so much bigger than my little isolated thoughts. Half-way through the year, I was doing real interviews with people and was actually capturing their stories! This actually brought me the greatest satisfaction and I sincerely thank all those who gave me the opportunity to showcase their stories. It fulfilled one of my fantasies to be a journalist! 🙂
By the end of 2013, I was happily exhausted as I looked at the tangible results of what I and you (readers) have achieved together.
- I published 90 posts (well over my goal of 56). Thanks for your encouragement that spurred me on!
- We have a viewership of 10,000 across 82 countries through Facebook, LinkedIn( and by you sharing on your timelines and within your own circle). I have now learnt about countries I had never heard about before!
- I developed my writing style and my thinking process expanded very quickly as I challenged my thoughts and sought ways for my writing to represent the core of who I am.
- I made peace with myself. I finally have accepted my intuitive gifts which God has blessed me with and I have stopped questioning whether I am good enough to be blessed with those gifts. Embracing myself was half of the battle won and the joy I feel now, cannot be measured.
- I gained the courage to say what I needed to say without needing approval from others. I owned my voice and trusted what I felt and it is one of the most exhilarating feelings one can have.
- I “adopted” a restaurant and with the support of 3 other amazing people (Mengis, Rosie and Eden) and my amazing network in Ottawa, we helped the restaurant owners keep their doors open by bringing in a couple of hundred people to dine at the restaurant within 3 months.
- Many people wrote personal letters to talk about their own TuneIn and StepUp journey which they want to embark on and there were many testimonials about how an article or a subject helped in some way or the other.
- I travelled to New York – not once but TWICE and met with great people who inspired me even further!
- My professional and personal network expanded hugely – I have met so many AMAZING human beings along this journey that I know there is hope to see more beautiful things in the world even though it looks so dismal sometimes.
What have I learnt through this blogging experience?
- We hold the power in OUR hands to decide the kind of life we want to live. We have the power to MAKE DESICIONS and to SET GOALS and work at them steadily. If you make the wrong decision, it is fine to change your mind if you have tried everything within your power to make something work. It is better to fail at trying than not trying at all. It is also fine to change direction.
- It is fine to take steps even when you don’t have the whole picture and it is perfectly fine to be less than perfect. As you work through your journey, clarity will come along the way to help you define it even better!
- Although my story and thoughts are important, I had greater joy connecting with others and helping to get their story out so their work could expand more into the world.
- We are all capable of stepping up and making a difference in whatever corner of the world we live. By giving to life, we receive everything a hundred-fold back into our lives.
- We don’t need to ask permission from others to do the right thing. If it feels right, most likely, it is right and the universe will provide all that you need to carry the responsibility.
- Connecting to our authenticity and DOING what it takes to live an authentic life is the key to living with purpose.
- There will be days when we just can’t get it right. We feel frustrated and tired. It is perfectly fine. Ride with the waves.
Here are some of my leading stories for 2013:
Brooklyn, New York
Meet Dawta Maloe who is a single mom and feeds hundreds of homeless people each month for eight years.
Meet Taj Weeks, an international musician and Wilson Jn. Baptiste who worked together with Jet Blue in giving children in St. Lucia brand new bicycles and toys for Christmas.
Read more: https://tuneinandstepup2013.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/a-great-partnership-effort-to-bring-smiles-to-the-faces-of-children-in-st-lucia-children-will-be-receiving-bicycles-and-toys/?relatedposts_exclude=1491
Meet the Kingdom Culture Ministries. They are creating a bridge between the ministry and the community and supporting many people who are in need all through the year!
Supporting two entrepreneurs to keep their restaurant going!
Meet Sigar, the man who rescues parrots!
Bringing together 10,000 – 15,000 people together from the Caribbean in Ottawa!
The International Black Summit – the conversation that is so powerful, that your life can be transformed to live your vision!
Meet St. Lucians in the National Capital Region, celebrating a National Festival!
Best wishes to you for 2014! If you are reading this blog for the first time, you can FOLLOW THE BLOG – see the side bar, or LIKE the TuneIn and StepUp FB page.
Look out for more information about our TuneIn and StepUp Challenges for 2014.
Have you ever thought of something and it manifests right away – even when it was a fleeting wish and there was no real possibility for it to happen? I love those magic moments of divine synchronicity.
“I wish a taxi would come along” I thought wishfully. It was bitterly cold and I had underestimated the walking distance to get to my destination. At that very moment a taxi turned around the corner and stopped right at my feet. Someone got out of the taxi and I jumped in. A feeling of deep gratitude settled over me. I thanked God and the universe over and over and over for always taking such amazing care of me. It sounds too good to be true – but this type of situation is a common reality for me which is hard to explain.
It affirms the infinite possibilities that exist and the mystical realm of life that is unexplainable and in some cases completely illogical. My first real experience of manifesting something big in my life happened when I was thirteen. At that age, I started to test God’s power since “God knew all things and could do all things!” So, I gave God two challenges. One was to get a camera for me for my 13th birthday and the other was to travel to England before I was 18. Both looked impossible because we came from a poor family and I could not see any logical way that I would have those two things. I barely had books to go to school or shoes to walk with, so to think of a camera was like living in dreamland. And as for England – well, I did not have a faint idea of how that would be done.
Both of my requests were heard.
On the evening of my 13th birthday, as I walked along to road to buy bread from the local bakery – a usual routine, I met a doctor who volunteered in the local hospital. We had met each other a few times before. She stopped on her bicycle and we chatted. I told her that it was my birthday and right away she said “Why don’t you come up to the hospital? I have a gift for you!” Low and behold, she gave me a camera! I stood there shocked! (I can still remember the feeling!). God really heard me! No one else knew of my secret wish – it was only between God and I! For an entire year, I took photos in abundance. I loved my camera and best of all, after Dr. Michele completed her volunteering and went back to the USA, she developed all my films and posted the photos to me.
This event in my life was a MAJOR affirmation that I could ask for anything I wanted. God and the universe would hear me. Before my 18th birthday I continued to experience big and small miracles. The next challenge was met in another unexplainable way. At 17, I was attending Teacher’s Training College in St.Lucia. One day as I walked in the corridor, my English teacher, Mr. Allan Weeks, stopped me and asked, “How would you like to go to England?”
“What?” I asked, completely baffled. “Why would I go to England?” I asked.
“I am producing a play and you are the perfect match for the part. The play will be produced in England.”
Six months later, I was in England performing at the Commonwealth Institute with a great group of actors/actresses from St.Lucia. It was six months before my 18th birthday!
I have experienced so many, many manifestations of my thoughts and I like to call them “miracles”. They are all unexplainable and I am convinced that there is a formula unique to each of us that make things happen faster or slower. I believe that the formula is a combination of the mind and soul merging together. I have experienced manifestations / miracles at the speed of light – immediately from thought to manifestation. I have also experienced manifestations over a longer period and when I look back I can only thank the universe that what I asked for before did not happen earlier. When we trust in the great wisdom of the universe, we know that all things will happen as it should.
One thing I know without any uncertainty is that we need to ASK for what we want and don’t worry about when it will happen. Although we have to work towards what we want, I believe that if we are clear, then the universe arranges things in front of us to help our desires manifest. When we are not clear, it is hard to us to grab the opportunities, no matter how obvious they may be. Sometimes we ask for something and feel frustrated when it does not happen. It is not our job to worry about timing. The important thing is to ask and let it go. In time, all things work out for the best. The more we have that trust, more we invite miracles to happen in our lives.
TuneIn today to those things you secretly desire. Have the courage to ask for what you want, need or desire. Write them in a journal and keep checking with yourself now and then. As small miracles start manifesting in your life you will automatically StepUp to attract more and more of what you need to live an amazing life. Above all, keep on expressing gratitude each day, throughout the day, for all what you are blessed with. Abundance begins with a seed of gratitude.